Saturday, November 25, 2006

Non Profit Ethics: Jefferson and The Gross Clinic

The Where Most Needed blog has an interesting look at the financial reports of the non profits related to the sale of the Eakins painting.

Millions were spent yesterday on gifts. The sales tax alone must be impressive. How much did Wal-Mart make in one day?

I spent $0.00 because I have nothing. I'm in debt and have many past due bills. It is insane for me to care about a painting being sold for $68 million when I have $68.00 in my bank account. My gifts will be hand made this year. I've been working part time in a foundry the last few months. The pay is not going to make me well off but it is more interesting than working for Wal-Mart.

My hope for a good outcome regarding The Gross Clinic discussion is that people realize what a bargain most art is. My sculptures can be purchased for a few thousands of dollars. The problem is that no one wants them. I have no health insurance and only hope that if and when I get sick someone will help me.

If you don't like Wal-Mart, try to find a living artist whose work you like and support them.

You can see some of my art at my website, Hankin Studio

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home